These are some gifts I made for my stamp club members. I had "catalog marking" items put aside for them, and I had to figure out a way to package them.
I used the hostess MDS CD Keep in Touch to make the front panel of this legal pad portfolio. If you have a bunch of these to make, MDS is definitely a great way to go! Here is the inside.
- Score 8-1/2 x 11" base at 4, 9-1/8, 9-3/8", rotate 90o and score at 8" (i.e., 1/2" score line at bottom)
- Attach a second piece of 5 x 8" card stock base at 9-3/8" point with Sticky Strip. This is the flap you will attach the legal pad.
- Mark 2-1/2" in both directions on the upper left corner of the 4 x 8-1/2" flap (two places) and cut off the diagonal
- Trim away the 1/2" scored strip from the bottom EXCEPT from the 4 x 8-1/2" pocket (with diagonal cut)
- Use Sticky Strip on 1/2" tab to attach and create pocket
For teacher gifts this year, I made some mini legal pad notebooks.
A little simpler notepad from the ones above, because the junior legal pads are cut in half, with no inside pocket. I also included a matching altered RSVP pen.
here, and the RSVP pen tutorial is here.
Stamps: Field Flowers; Paper: Lucky Limeade, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, First Edition DSP, Ice Cream Parlor DSP; Ink: Peach Parfait, Lucky Limeade, Early Espresso, Early Espresso marker; Accessories: Lucky Limeade ribbon, Color Spritzer Tool, Jr. legal notebooks, Dimensionals.
Thanks for stopping by!