Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Countdown to Christmas: MDS Christmas Postcard

One week to go, Peeps!  You ready yet?  Every year I put together a Christmas postcard with My Digital Studio.  I love the vintage look for Christmas, so I went in that direction.  I went through several iterations (and hours).  It started here.

And finally ended here.

This the one the family voted for.  Wanna know the inspiration for the layout?  Mojo Monday #269.  Hint: Mojo Monday's square layouts work great for small scrapbook pages or photo cards!

And here is the final hybrid product.  I didn't even design in a place to add ribbon.  Am I getting lazy or what?!

I was originally going to print four card fronts per 8-1/2 x 11" page, but it became complicated with my original design of the Medallion stamp running off the page, and then the bleed area not being uniform around the whole page.  I just wasn't sure what was going to print.  To be safe, I went with two card fronts per greeting card layout.

Traditional Supplies: Paper: Pool Party; MDS Elements: Papers: Crumb Cake Textured, Homestyle Goodies DSP; Color Palette: Pool Party, Poppy Parade, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla; Accessories: Button Bouquet (recolored Pool Party), White baker's twine, Downtown Grunge frames, Flag punch; Font: CK Alis Handwriting.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: