Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Countdown to Christmas: Ribbon Tree

I'm one of these people who dig my feet into the ground when it comes to making Christmas cards early.  I would prefer to enjoy the current holiday of the month rather than make the Christmas season three months long.  Certainly I would become tired of Christmas if I start this early, yes?

But I can't deny this is the most popular season for which to paper craft, so I guess I must try to embrace it.  To encourage myself, I'll play along with the "Countdown to Christmas", attempting to post a Christmas-related project every week up to the big day.  And I've already missed a week (Doh!).  Anywho, drum roll please... we officially kick of the Countdown to Christmas with 11 weeks to go...

Here is a great idea for all those spare pieces of ribbon you've collected.


I've used the Holiday Collection framelits to die-cut the tree shape, and then filled the negative space with small pieces of ribbon scraps.

Layout inspiration comes from Fab Friday Challenge #3.

Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes; Paper: Gumball Green, Real Red, Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Snow Festival DSP, Naturals Composition Specialty DSP; Ink: Chocolate Chip; Accessories: Cherry Cobbler baker's twine, Miscellaneous spare ribbon, Perfect Polka Dot EF, Holiday Collection framelits, Bitty Banners framelits, Big Shot, Sewing machine, Thread, Dimensionals.

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Amy Downing said...

Very cute love that tree and how you made it....very clever! I love all the color.against the crumb clear base!

Amanda Mertz said...

Fun way to use up those ribbon scraps! The baker's twine and tag are a fun finishing touch! Thanks for sharing with us at Fab Friday!

Pam Steckman said...

I love the card! The cut-out is my favorite part! I might have to borrow that idea! Thanks for sharing with us at Fab Friday!

Cindy Beach said...

Hi Heidi,
So glad you started your Christmas countdown with this stunning card! I LOVE the ribbon technique and it's so beautifully done. This looks so fun to make. Thanks so much for joining us at Fab Friday.

Marla Reed said...

This card is beautifully done! I love how you colored the tree with ribbon scraps and all of the banners are the perfect finishing touch! Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

Bada-Bing Creations said...

So this may be my favorite card ever:-) SOOOO cute! I'm so happy you could play along at Fab Friday with us! And I'm totally caseing this!!!