Thursday, August 16, 2012

FM72 Scrappy Sketchy Flowers

A little sneak peek for you today.  My Friday Mashup blog post is coming slightly early, due to the Stampin' Addicts Holiday Mini Blog Hop tomorrow.  I hope you don't mind!  This week Amanda has put together a sketch for us.



So here is the "Mashup" Challenge:
  1. Make a project with "the Sketch."
  2. Or Make a project w/ a "flower or multiple flowers"
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a project w/ "the Sketch and a flower or multiple flowers"

I've been working non-stop on my My Digital Studio photobook for this year.  I've got MDS on the brain; I'm not really sure how much traditional stamping I'm going to be able to accomplish this month.  I hope you don't mind if I take the sketch and adapt it to a scrappy page.

I went back to the digital scrapbooking challenges on Splitcoaststampers for some inspiration.  This one is for DGC021 Cutesy Cluster.  Some fun MDS 2 details I used: I recolored the paper button and Downtown Grunge background paper to Dusty Durango and the Soft Blooms flower to More Mustard (Crushed Curry was a bit too bright).

MDS Elements: Stamps: French Foliage, Meant to Be small dot background; Papers: Downtown Grunge, Domestic Goddess, Crumb Cake Polka Dot; Color Palette: Dusty Durango, Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry, Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip; Embellishments: Paper buttons, Soft Blooms, Bermuda Bay grosgrain knot, Tasteful Trim, Stitching, Blossom and Curly Label punches; Font: Digs My Hart.

My Project 52 totals: Week 33, pages 30.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Amy White said...

I'm always impressed when people can turn a card sketch into a scrapbooking page - particularly with all the different elements you've included - looks fab!

Amanda Corbet said...

I really love how you've used the sketch to create a scrapbook page! Your flower looks gorgeous and I love the stitching detail that you've added!