Tuesday, June 12, 2012

SUOC47 Fancy Fabric Frills

Today's challenge on Stampin' Up Only Challenges is to make a project with fancy frills.  Use something frilly, including doilies, stamps or die-cuts.  Well, frilly to me means lace.  I've been meaning to make a fabric coffee sleeve for a friend for a while now; in fact, I am quite late with it.  This challenge will be a good push.

This is the first time I made one, and it got a lot more complicated when I was determined to include lace.  But overall, it suffices for a first pass.

I loosely followed this tutorial.  My big mistake was to not increase the size of my pattern to compensate for seam allowance.  Doh!  Keep calm and carry on....  :)

I added a big button from Candy Cane designer button pack and a fabric yo-yo too (love these!).  It didn't take nearly as long as all my procrastinating would make one believe.

Supplies: Twitterpated designer fabric, Brights Collection button pack, Candy Cane designer button pack, Victoria lace, White baker's twine, 3" Circle die, Big Shot, Sewing machine, Needle, Thread, Batting, Elastic band.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Rita W said...

I love this, Heidi! As a coffee fanatic, these are the reason I want to learn to sew finally! Maybe it will happen...one day... :)

Jen Timko said...

This is awesome, Heidi!! I'm with Rita...maybe I'll have to learn to sew. Or simply contract someone who does! ;-)