Tuesday, September 6, 2011

SUOC27 Ribbons and Bows

Today's challenge at Stampin' Up Only Challenges is to create a project with one of the new ribbons from the 2011-2012 Idea Book & Catalog or the brand new 2011 Holiday mini catalog. Time to play with some new supplies! The goal here is to try to make the ribbon one of the main focuses of the card.

I found this challenge to be, well, quite challenging. Although I buy lots of ribbon, I don't tend to use it for anything but an accessory. After some thought, here's what I came up with, in time for apple picking season.

Given my druthers, I would much rather use an accordion flower or even a fabric yo-yo here, but since the challenge is suppose to challenge us, stretch us to try new things, I attempted some ribbon rosettes here by using a running stitch along one edge of the ribbon and gathering.

Stamps: Season of Friendship, Warm Words; Paper: Lucky Limeade, Cherry Cobbler, Bashful Blue, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Paisley Petals DSP; Ink: Lucky Limeade, Early Espresso; Accessories: Lucky Limeade ruffled ribbon, Sponge, Crystal Effects, Itty Bitty punch pack, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch, Decorative Label punch, Square Lattice embossing folder, Oval Scallop Frame die, Big Shot, Sewing machine, Needle, Thread.

Let's see what ideas you have for using the new ribbon. Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

inkedx2 said...

This is an adorable idea! TFS

Robbie

Sue said...

So cute!!! I love your "apples" and ribbon "leaves".