Friday, September 23, 2011

FM25 Sketch It Square & Manly

The challenge this week at the Friday Mashup is to (1) create a square card with provided sketch, (2) create a masculine card, or (3) mash it up.

I haven't had a chance to play with my hostess set Faith in Nature. With some dirtied up colors, I think this set definitely passes as masculine.

This set also lends itself to cleaner cards, perfect for a shoebox project. How fortuitous... or was it planned, hmmm... since this card served double duty as the challenge card and my Utica shoebox swap project a couple weeks ago.

Stamps: Faith in Nature; Paper: Old Olive, So Saffron, Lucky Limeade, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Le Jardin DSP, Brocade Background DSP; Ink: So Saffron, More Mustard, Old Olive, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Black Stazon, Soft Suede marker; Accessories: Aquapainter, Color Spritzer Tool, Sponge, Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, Circle Scissors Plus, Little Leaves die, Circles #2 die, Big Shot.

Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Beautiful card!!!

Yapha said...

Great use of the sketch. Such a gorgeous card!!

Holly said...

Nothing Wrong with doing double duty! Lol dirtied up colors too funny. It came out very soft and yet it could be used for a guy card. I bet your girls loved it.

Lisa said...

I can completey see this as a masculine card Heidi. I really like the colors you used and that stamp set is great!

Kasey said...

Heidi, I'm loving your take on the sketch and theme. Definitely masculine. Fabulous inspiration card. Im with Holly....LOL @ your 'dirtied up colours'
Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

Kim P said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! I don't have this set yet...time to place an order!

Joan said...

Gotta love when you can kill two birds with one stone?! This is a wonderful card - love the spritzing!

Adriana Benitez said...

Very nice card. Masculine, but would also make a great "just moved" or welcome card.

Notes by Nina said...

Very nice, fabulous colors and I really like that image. Great card.

Cindy van Oorschot said...

Great Card Heidi, I think it's great for a guy, or a gal. I love the softness of the colors.
Cindy

Paula said...

Beautiful!!! Love the colors.

angelswhostamp said...

I loved this set and it was my preorder for the new IBC. I never thought of a really masculine card with it. My gosh, you did it beautifully!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

This card has such a great feel to it! Love the toning you did--very masculine.