Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Technique Tuesday: Masking... and Some Retiring Lamentations

Here is one of the basic techniques we did in March's Technique Class, Masking. This is one of the first techniques beginner stampers learn. Click on the photo to enlarge.

We added a rolled flower to the card for added bling.

The stamp choice and color combo was inspired by Lisa Young.

Stamps: Eastern Blooms; Paper: Tangerine Tango, So Saffron, Concord Crush, Whisper White, Haiku DSP; Ink: Tangerine Tango, So Saffron, Concord Crush; Accessories: Photo Corner punch, Circle punch, Rhinestone jewel, Tangerine Tango ribbon, Backgrounds I Texturz Plate, Scallop Square Duo die, Tasteful Trim die, Big Shot, Dimensionals.

Now for the sniffling... Eastern Blooms is one of the stamp sets that's retiring this month, one of the sets I grab for frequently. When Stampin' Up offered a bunch of nature silhouette stamps, I went for them with both feet, but this set was less of a "have to have". I'm glad I caved and bought it, because it became very versatile for me.

I love to use this set to add some dimensional flower punch-outs and pearls.

And here is another I made a couple year's ago.

No Embrace Life, no Eastern Blooms, no Easter Blossoms... what am I gonna use for cherry blossoms now?? Hope the new catty has something good!

Thanks for stopping by!