Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Technique Tuesday: Inset Embossing... and More Talk of Retirement

Hi Everyone! Another sample from the Technique Class. This is the intermediate project from March, Inset Embossing. It goes by other names as well. I already shared the technique page, as I did this technique for a swap, but here I added an accompanying card (please click on the photo).

This came out as a pretty good masculine card. I don't really have a problem creating masculine cards; I must not be a girly girl. When I went to add this photo, I found I already edited it. Hmmm, did I add this already? Things have been getting so busy here, that I am not sure. Sorry if I am repeating myself!

So here, I used a combo of stamping and punch outs to create the background. Then run the background through the Square Lattice embossing folder to make it appear it is all one piece of paper... like magic! :)

Stamps: Sense of Time, Teeny Tiny Wishes; Paper: Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla; Ink: Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Black Stazon; Accessories: Sponge, Modern Label punch, Word Window punch, Eyelet, Crop-o-dile, Linen thread, Soft Suede ribbon, Square Lattice embossing folder, Scallop Circle #2, Big Shot.

Sense of Time is another stamp set that is retiring at the end of this month. I love the vintage and masculine machinery images in this set. The clock face is quite large, so it works great for 3-Ds.

And I also used this set with a fun technique called Brick Wall.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: