Tuesday, March 1, 2011

You're Sew Sweet

Here is a card I made for the Binghamton shoebox swap. I have so much retired DSP. I am trying to get myself to use it up (yeah, right). The patterns in the Delicate Dots DSP from Sale-a-bration a couple years ago is perfect for the sewing motif.

This set almost creates a layout by itself. So many coordinating images with beautiful interest. I highly recommend it! Now, I have to say, you notice I didn't actually stitch on this card. I tried to control myself. :)

How easy is it to do a little paper piecing and add a needle for interest? Super cute! I can say that since the idea came from the demo magazine Stampin' Success. And check out those embosslit buttons!

Stamps: Sew Suite, Clearly For You; Paper: Baja Breeze, Rose Red, Regal Rose, Poppy Parade, So Saffron, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Whisper White, Delicate Dots DSP (SAB); Ink: Rose Red, Garden Green, Early Espresso, Garden Green marker; Accessories: Eyelet Border punch, Sweet Buttons embosslit, Big Shot, Needle, Dimensionals.

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Yapha said...

What a super cute card! You're right, that DSP is perfect with it! And the needle! What a great idea!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Super cute card!!

Shelley said...

Really cute card! Good for you, trying to use up your retired goodies!

Tanya Boser said...

Wow! The details on this card are amazing! Beautiful. And I still have a ton of this paper too :)

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Such awesome fussy-cutting! I love the layout!