Friday, March 4, 2011

Technique Page: Inset Embossing

Morning Everyone!

This blog entry is a little bit of a cheat for scrapbook Friday, a technique page. I've seen this technique called several different things: inset embossing, inlaid embossing, embedded paper. Whatever you want to call it, it is a fun technique.

After I saw Carmen's post for the Stampin' Addict Birthday Hop this past weekend, I knew I wanted to use the cog punch. Love that cog punch! So here is the technique page I made for the Binghamton shoebox swap.

You can see how the punch-out pieces blend right into the background piece once it is embossed. Hard to capture on a photo, this technique creates a lot of hands-on, gotta touch interest.

Stamps: Sense of Time; Paper: Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla; Ink: Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Black Stazon; Accessories: Sponge, Square Lattice embossing folder, Scallop Circle #2, Big Shot.

If you are interested, I posted a previous sample with this same technique.

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Shelley said...

This is a great technique! Love how you used the cog punch for this!

Krystal (skdeleeuw) said...

Perfect stamp set to go with the cog punch. Great idea for a technique page. My stamp club would love something like this.

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

WOW Cool card!!

Yapha said...

Great example of the technique! It looks so cool with the cogs. I like how you stamped on it, too.

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Great use of those cogs!

Mickey Roberts said...

Great page! Love how you used the cogs with the clock face. Now this punch makes sense!

Fresh Start Academy said...

I love your take on this technique TFS
I have awarded you with the stylish blogger award please stop by to claim your award and pass it along to others
Jenn
http://freshstartacademy.blogspot.com/2011/03/better-late-than-never.html

Ellen Pruett (aka Chipper) said...

I love this technique!!!! Thanks for sharing it!!

Tanya Boser said...

This technique page is truly gorgeous! And you did a great job of explaining the technique :)