Monday, March 7, 2011

Springtime Nest

I attended another enjoyable local SCS shoebox swap near Hartford, CT. Thanks to our wonderful host, Fran! Never been to a shoebox swap? Check for a local one near you on the Get It Together forum.

For my shoebox project, I was inspired by a card by Nancy Littrell on SCS. She used DSP to create her background, and since I needed to make 22 card kits, that wasn't going to work. I tried to recreate using stamps, embossing folder, and My Digitial Studio.

I love this bird image! I have been able, by using different coloring, to make several different species of birds. The nest and the branch come from My Digital Studio. Stamp the bird on a separate piece of cardstock and the background with the Sanded BG stamp. Sponge the edge embossing, nest, and bird to give a nice, muted color. The eggs were stamped on Bashful Blue and sponged on the edge with Marina Mist.

Stamps: Nature Walk, Sanded BG; Paper: Marina Mist, Bashful Blue, Very Vanilla; Ink: Soft Suede, Marina Mist, Cherry Cobbler, Peach Parfait, Sahara Sand, Stazon; Accessories: Sponges, Craft knife, Craft mat, Rose Red seam binding, Framed Tulips embossing folder, Big Shot.
Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Krystal De Leeuw said...

So pretty Heidi!! Love how those blue eggs just pop.

Shelley Z said...

Neat card! Great one for a shoe box swap!

Yapha said...

What a spectacular card! I love those eggs -- they are amazing!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Love it! Hybrid cards are so creative!

Mickey Roberts said...

Who'd have thunk it was hybrid??? What a great idea and a beautiful card!

hollybeary creations said...

You would never know this was hybrid.. Great job!

Tanya Boser said...

Clever way to stretch this to make 22 kits! Lovely card!