Monday, February 7, 2011

Rolling Hills Are Alive...

I used a sample from the demonstrator magazine Stampin' Success as a starting point for this card. I love grassy hill and tree scenes; you may have seen it from me before. This is a good example of using a Valentine stamp set, Valentine Defined here, for other occasions.

Not so accessory heavy here, but still lots of layers and texture. This is a shoebox swap card, so it needs to be a 10-15 minute card. I thought the Marina Mist background would give the resemblence of the sky, without actually bothering to color the sky. Did it work?

Stamps: Valentine Defined, Teeny Tiny Wishes; Paper: Crumb Cake, Blushing Bride, Marina Mist, Very Vanilla, Old Olive DSP, Pear Pizzazz DSP, Soft Suede DSP; Ink: Old Olive, Pear Pizzazz, Soft Suede marker; Accessories: Sponges, Red Glimmer paper, Heart to Heart punch, Coluzzle, Scallop Trim punch, Framed Tulips embossing folder, Big Shot.

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Yapha said...

What a beautiful card! I love all the patterns and how you made the hills!

Cindy said...

I think the Marina Mist does work for the "sky"! Lovely card, TFS.

Krystal De Leeuw said...

Super cute!! Love those rolling hills. This will be a fabulous card for the shoebox swap.

Ellen Pruett (aka Chipper) said...

Soooo....cute. Love those hills!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Those hills out of DSP add a very cool element to your card!

Cindy Major said...

I like how you used this set for something other than a Valentine's Day or Love project. I'll have to keep that in mind...

TFS!
Cindy :)

Tanya Boser said...

Love, love, love this!!! The hills in the circle and that adorable tree. I really am going to have to break down and buy this set, aren't I....

Mickey Roberts said...

Very cool card! Love the colors and the way all the patterns work together.

Sunflower Stamper said...

Awesome! Great combination of elements!!