Monday, November 8, 2010

Burlesque Mashup

I loved Holly's inspiration for this week's Friday Mashup challenge, the upcoming movie Burlesque. Now, although I'm unlikely to run out to see this movie, visually it would be very appealing. In fact, I do have Moulin Rouge in my DVD cabinet for that reason. So I had to play along, not only with the color challenge but also the burlesque theme.

The main image was based on a vintage ATC I made some time back. I white-embossed the background with En Francais and sponged with Melon Mambo. I added some stitching to give it a little more vintage/textile feel.

Stamps: Artistic Etchings, Timeless Treasures, Rustic Rooster, En Francais BG; Paper: Whisper White, Melon Mambo, Basic Black, Welcome Neighbor DSP; Ink: Basic Gray, Versamark; Accessories: White embossing powder, Sponge, Raven black lace, Black ribbon, Button, Linen thread, Large Oval punch, Scallop Oval punch, Sewing machine, Thread.

Edit to add, my submission won! I get to be a guest designer next week. Don't forget to play along with me!

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Holly said...

Love this!! Great job..... I love how you ran with the Burlesque theme as well as the colors!

Tanya Boser said...

Wow! That corset is amazing!

Yapha said...

Wow! Great card and way to go with the theme!

Terry said...

This is amazing, Heidi! I love the stamped images you used, as well as the sewing and white embossed stamping. Super cute!!! Thanks for playing with us at Friday Mashup!

Terry

Cindy said...

What a wonderfully intriguing post title! LOVE the corset - that just takes the cake!!!

Shirley Pumpkin said...

The Corset.. is super cute with this card... and all the sewing is a cool.. thanks for joining in with the Mashup!!

Hugs
Shirley

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Wow I gotta say the corset is awesome!! Great job!

Dany said...

that is an amazing card, and the corset is to die for! I love it!

Karen said...

Lovely. THanks for sharing.