Monday, October 11, 2010

Dark & Dreary Regional Card Swap

At Regionals, I also joined a card swap, organized by fellow SCS 'stampintottin'. Great time to play with a stamp set that I haven't played with yet, Dark & Dreary.

I really love the 'happy halloween 31' image with the gate, so I had to incorporate that into a card. Well, I went looking for inspiration, and ended up CASEing 'odden designs' from SCS. I sponged the edges of everything and the raised areas of the spider web with Basic Black ink to make it more dark and dreary. And the brocade spider flourish from From the Crypt works great as a background.

This card serendipitously satisfies this week's Friday Mashup challenge. Check it out!

Stamps: Dark & Dreary, From the Crypt; Paper: Basic Black, Cajun Craze, Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White; Ink: Cajun Craze, Basic Black, Black Stazon; Accessories: Sponge, 1/2" Circle punch, Scissors, Raven lace trim, Brads, Spider Web embossing folder, Big Shot, Dimensionals.

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Holly said...

OMG Heidi!! This is gorgeous... I love it!! I really like how you did the stressed the focal image.. So cool! Thanks for playing with the Mashup!

Tanya Boser said...

Gorgeous card!! The colors are awesome too!

Yapha said...

Spooky & Gorgeous!! Love it!

Terry said...

I think I'm going to CASE this for my clubs this month! Love it.

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Great card!! Really pretty!!!

Karen said...

THis totally rocks! I LOVE this and feel a serious CASE coming on...

Shirley Pumpkin said...

I really love what you did.. super cute!.. Thanks for joining in on the fun at friday mashup.. Hugs

Shirley Pumpkin