I received a swap at Convention using Dawn's butterfly pansies technique, and it inspired me to try it myself. We made this card at the Flowers Technique Class last night. When you get Shimmer Paper wet, it is known to spread reinker really well.
Close-up of the flower:
Here are the steps:
1. Punch two butterflies (Extra Large Butterfly Punch) out of Shimmer White cardstock for each flower.
2. Spritz them with water until the water pools.
3. Load an aquapainter with Elegant Eggplant and touch to the edges of the butterfly wings and watch the ink spread (fun!).
4. Touch the center of the butterfly with Summer Sun ink (substitute Daffodil Delight here).
5. Let the butterflies nearly dry, and then you can curl the edges with a skewer.
6. Use a marker to create center whisker lines (I used Basic Black).
7. Adhere butterflies together with a gold brad.
It looked like such fun, my daughter wanted to make one too. I think hers looks better than mine! See, so easy a 3-year-old can do it!
Stamps: Sincere Salutations; Paper: Very Vanilla, Shimmer White; Ink: Black Stazon, Elegant Eggplant reinker, Summer Sun reinker, Basic Black marker; Accessories: Aquapainter, Gold brads, Very Vanilla satin ribbon, Wide Oval punch, Butterfly punch, Manhattan Flower embossing folder, Topnote die, Big Shot, Dimensionals.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Paper Pumpkin
- Free Project PDF
- Stampy Resume
- Join Us!