Monday, August 16, 2010

Birthday Dolphin

This is a card for my niece, who is a fan of dolphins.

I tried to keep the front simple, and I put the sentiment inside. The sky is created by sponging around a scallop circle mask, and the water is texturized by running it through the Big Shot, sponging to highlight the texture, and punching 3/4" circles out for the waves. I found the directions for the punch art dolphin on Lucia Dawe's blog.

Stamps: None; Paper: Bashful Blue, Marina Mist, Whisper White, Basic Gray, Going Gray; Ink: Basic Gray, Going Gray, Marina Mist, Bashful Blue, Basic Black marker; Accessories: Scallop Circle punch, 3/4" Circle punch, Wide oval punch, Large Oval punch, Small Oval punch, Heart-to-Heart punch, Crop-o-dile, Sponges, Kit #4 texturz plate, Big Shot.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Karen said...

THis is so sweet! The sky and sea are great and the dolphin adorable!

Yapha said...

Fantastic card! I love the dolphin and the waves!

Jacklyn said...

Awesome -- how cute is the dolphin leaping out of the water, I love it!