Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Buffalo Shoebox Project

It is hard to find enough supplies for 20+ card kits, and I don't want to wimp out on things that make the card special. This shoebox project has been a struggle for me. Well, I knew what main image I wanted, but for the rest? Here's how it came out.

I love this dandelion image from A Happy Heart set, and it was on my wish list for so long. My daughter and I have been stopping to blow the "dandelion fuzz" lately, so it's a perfect choice for my project. I used my coluzzle to cut out the main image, and then used a acetate template and sponged the inside of the oval with Creamy Caramel - my favorite feature! The Not Quite Navy background was texturized with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder. I tried forever to tie a bow, but it just wasn't working for me, so a knot it was. Hopefully the other ladies have better luck than me! Sew a button on with linen thread, and there you have it! Once I read the sentiment, and look back at the image, it made me kinda sad. I'll have an assortment of sentiments, so each stamper can choose their own card "feeling".

What do you think?

Stamps: A Happy Heart, Warmest Regards; Paper: Sahara Sand, Very Vanilla, Not Quite Navy, Bella Bleu DSP; Ink: Not Quite Navy, Creamy Caramel; Accessories: Coluzzle, Sponge, Scallop Trim edge punch, Modern Label punch, Linen thread, Button, Organdy ribbon, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Big Shot.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: