Thursday, March 4, 2010

Big Shot Fabric Swap: Appliqued Hand Towel

As promised, here is one of the samples I made for the Big Shot fabric swap I am participating in.

Well, I've already confessed I am not much of a sewer. Here I ironed on Heat 'n Bond to the backside of the fabric and ran the fabric through the Big Shot using the Bird with Leaves and Flower die. After peeling off the backside of the Heat 'n Bond, just iron onto your towel. I hand sewed a button from the Button Latte assortment onto the branch.

These were fun to make, and my husband said they look better than the towels we have in our kitchen! I'll warn you though, the fine details may not survive machine washing and drying. Stitch applique would work better for that.

Come back tomorrow for the other fabric swap item - Build-a-Bear drawstring bag!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

MaryR said...

what beautiful applique here!