Wednesday, February 17, 2010

More Binghamton Swaps

Slowly I have been getting ready for this weekend. Since I am a technique junkie, I love to join the technique swap - I chose the Reflection technique.

This one is actually pretty quick and easy. Stamp your main image. Stamp again on acetate, flip over to mirror the image and rub the acetate image onto your cardstock. I actually did this twice to make it a little darker. Then sponge on a horizon, reflection in a lake, what have you...

Back in my archives, I have another sample of the reflection technique.

This is a page from the scrapbook calendar I made for my mom a couple Christmases ago. Here I had made a lake by sponging on blue ink and then spreading Crystal Effects on it to make the water glossy.

I am stepping a little out of my comfort zone by joining the recipe swap.

I chose one of my favorite weird recipes, "most unusual and delicious" Pretzel Salad. I then chose images and patterned paper to match the recipe. The strawberry image was stamped. I tried clear embossing powder and crystal effects, but the image wasn't as crisp, so I left it alone. The pretzel is a digi stamp from Busy Beauties Boutique. Since I have an ink jet printer, I can't easily watercolor the image. I have heard you can heat set the ink, but that didn't really work for me. So I used oil crayons and baby oil (or gamasol) to blend and color the pretzel.

I also added dimension by taking a toothpick and adding White Frost Shimmer Paint for the salt.

Stamps: Tart & Tangy, Like Beer & Pretzels by Busy Beauties Boutique; Paper: Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Summer Picnic DSP; Ink: Real Red, Old Olive markers, Versamark; Accessories: Oil crayons, Baby oil, Toothpick, Frost White Shimmer Paint, Clear embossing powder, Circle punches, Scallop circle punch.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: