Tuesday, January 5, 2010

SAB and New Occasions Mini Start Today!

Today's the day - Sale-a-bration and the new Occasions mini start today!! There are some great spring sets and accessories in there. Grab a cup of coffee and sit down to peruse!

One exciting item to note - most stamp sets are now available in either wood-mounted or acrylic-mounted options.

If you are looking to save space and buy stamp sets at lower prices, clear-mounted stamp sets may be the way for you! All you would need is a set of Stampin' Up's high quality, four-sided grooved acrylic blocks (pg. 6 of the Occasions mini). With the money you will save on stamp sets, the blocks will easily pay for themselves.

In addition to the two brochures, there is another neat set of coordinating products available, the Sweetheart stamp set and Heart Treat cups.

The stamp set and cups coordinate with the Full Heart punch, for quick, easy, and cute treats just in time for Valentine's! More information is available on the right sidebar.

I thought I would share a more ideas for the Something Sweet stamp set, available in the Occasions mini.

- More Gumball Machines -

I ordered this set in the new clear-mounted version, and one neat thing you will find with this set - the rubber of the circle stamp is die-cut both on the outside AND on the inside. Don't throw that inside circle away! I used it as part of the background stamping. The candy pieces were stamped using the masking technique, and the "jar" part of the gumball machine was heat embossed with clear embossing powder.

Stamps: Something Sweet, Enjoy Every Moment, Priceless; Paper: Bashful Blue, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White; Ink: Bashful Blue, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip; Accessories: Pumpkin Pie Striped grosgrain ribbon, Silver brads, Scallop edge punch, Clear embossing powder, Dimensionals.

- Spinner Card - I had a few more ideas for this stamp set. The New Year's Eve challenges gave me the push to get some of them done, while also challenging me to get out of my color rut. Love those challenges!!

Here is my first spinner card. There is a tutorial for this card on Splitcoaststampers (Resources section). The color combo I used here is Sage Shadow, Cameo Coral, and Chocolate Chip. I would never have tried this combo, and I think it looks pretty sweet - LOL!

- Beary Sporty Girl - There was several comments that the baby rattle handle looked like a baseball bat. So why not??

I stamped the baseball by running my marker around the gumball stamp for an outline and drew in the stitches with the Real Red marker. I don't have the Pretty in Pink marker, so I created the pin stripes on bear's pants with reinker and a calligraphy pen (my past and present paper hobbies collide - love that!). And for the record - she's a girl who plays baseball (according to DH, the ball is too small to be a softball). Tough girl!

- You Are My Sunshine - I loved Lyssa's weathered card from the blog hop, so I CASE'd it.

I texturized the center of the sunflower with the Big Shot texturz plate, and the base cardstock was "weathered" with Dusty Durango and Craft White ink direct-to-paper technique.

The supplies for these cards can be found on my SCS gallery, unless otherwise noted. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: