Sunday, January 31, 2010

My Contributions To VSN This Weekend

Splitcoaststampers had their mini Virtual Stamp Night yesterday. Well, since I am down in Florida, I don't have a good stash of stamping supplies for playing. I thought I would give some of the challenges a try using My Digital Studio.

The theme for this VSN is Opening Ceremonies for the Olympics. This challenge was to use flag colors from one of the participating countries as a starting point for a card (or in my case, an 8x8" scrapbook page). I chose the flag of Estonia. The stamp set used is Baroque Motifs, and the page's main color is Baja Breeze.

Canada is the host country for the Olympics, and they have red mittens that all the torch-bearers are wearing. The same mittens are sold out all over Canada. In honor of the torch-lighting ceremony, we were challenged to make a card with red and also use yarn. Well, MDS doesn't have digital yarn, but I think I did quite ok otherwise. I created the mitten from punches, and I used stitching instead.

This challenge was called "Spotlights on Ice". We were to choose our favorite ice sport and use the spotlighting technique. Normally spotlighting uses images punched with circles, but doing this digitally is surprisingly difficult. Therefore my spotlight is square. I used Paint Shop Pro to color my square cropped image. The stamp sets used are Winter Post and Best Wishes & More. As for the hodgepodge of colors, there was a bonus for using all the colors of the Olympic rings (blue, yellow, black, green, red).

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: