Friday, December 4, 2009

Playing with Paint

I've been wanting to try out stamping with fabric paint for a while. I grabbed an old pair of jeans and my Inspired by Nature set and gave it a whirl. I found out that I would need to stamp several times to make the paint dark enough, and the Stamp-a-ma-jig wasn't working for me because of the location I chose (the jeans seam was in the way). Don't panic! There is always ways to fix things! So I actually stamped on cardstock and cut out a daisy template with my craft knife. From there I could sponge on as much paint as necessary through my homemade stencil. I recommend cardstock rather than paper, since it is thicker and didn't give me any trouble as I got it wet with paint.

So, it wasn't perfect, but I think it came out pretty good. I think I might have more stamping with paint opportunities in my future as my daughter gets older. What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Yapha said...

Wow! That looks so cool!

Cindy said...

What a cool idea!!!

Beth McMahan said...

I actually thought it was bleach when I first saw these. Have you tried that? I thought they turned out really cute!