Thursday, August 6, 2009

Convention Day Two

Well, not so many exciting pictures to share, because I was in class most of the day. But I will try to entertain...

We started off the day bright and early in General Session. Make sure you get your bagel and coffee before entering, because they keep you too busy to go find food later!

Here is what is looks like in General Session (this is before we started). When the Home Office staff demonstrate something, you can see it in good detail up on the big screens.

Today Brent Steele discussed the upcoming "My Digital Studio", taking us through the software. It is really cool because it uses SU's color palette, stamps, and punches! You can import, crop, and size pictures for scrapbooking, digitally embellish with all of SU's great stamps and products, and send it off to the printer to be delivered to your door (in a scrapbook, if you desire). This is all very attractive to me since my printer, well, sucks, and I hate running over to CVS to print photos. I find sizing photos to be the most time-consuming part of scrapbooking. But the hands-on feel of scrapbooking isn't there, so there are pros and cons.

Then Jill Kocherhans showed us some Build-a-Bear projects that were just stinking cute! My photos of the big screen weren't so good, but I got some afterwards of the display boards.

Here are a couple projects with the new stamp set from the upcoming Holiday mini.

Some gift sacks made with the Build-a-Bear Big Shot dies.

More Big Shot die projects...

Making cute canvas gift sacks (goodie bags, party favors?) using the Big Shot dies, fabric, and Heat 'n Bond (for ironing on).

And this project was the best. I don't know if I should even show you, because maybe we should do this project in class. Well.... ok...

Jill adhered adhesive magnetic sheets to DSP and ran them through the Big Shot. She created these cute bears that can be like 'paper dolls', with mix and match clothes. You see the little SU container on the bottom left of the picture - she adhered all the accessories in the container on the back of the cute magnetic frame. How fun! Now you want a Build-a-Bear workshop too, don't you?

So, I didn't show you yesterday the cute bag they gave us to carry around the humongus amount of stuff they give us. We also received 4 stamps sets and a wheel from the current catalog to use in our Make 'n Takes (which is tomorrow). I'll try to get a picture of them tomorrow with the projects. But here is the exciting part... after the Build-a-Bear presentation, which I am so excited about because I have so many great ideas, the prize patrol came around and I won the Designer Series Paper and 2 stamp sets!

Yay for me!! And you guys too cause you get to use them!!!

Ok, one more pic...

They had the awards ceremony tonight for all the fabulous demonstrators who sell a gazillon stamps, and towards the end of the program they have a group called Tonic Sol Fa, who everyone loves. They are acapella, and they had a congo line going around the room! They also wrote a couple songs just for Stampin' Up! It is pretty funny to hear them sing about a crop-o-dile. I should post a link here if I find them on YouTube.

Time for bed now. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: