Saturday, August 22, 2009

Birthday Cards and Build-a-Bear Paper Dolls

Several August birthday cards I have made...

This one is for my sister, Erica. It used a salted background image I made for a SCS VSN challenge. I added the crows... it kinda reminded me of my sister's witchcraft facination she had in her earlier years. Stamps: Branch Out, Graveyard Gala; Paper: Basic Black, Glossy White, Cast-a-Spell DSP; Ink: Basic Black, Creamy Caramel, More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust, Black Stazon; Accessories: Aquapainter, Salt, Ribbon.

This is a CASE of a tea bag holder I saw at the SCS dinner at convention (by Liberty on SCS). This one really caught my eye when I saw it on the boards, so I had to recreate it. A secret surprise inside: I lined the inside with Very Vanilla CS and heat embossed the teapot image in the lower righthand corner. Stamps: Dream Gardens; Paper: Basic Black, Basic Gray, Nouveau Chic DSP; Ink: Versamark; Accessories: Ribbon, Black EP.

This one was an experiment, so I am super happy with how it turned out. This is for my friend Tina, who is kinda crazy about sunflowers. I actually stamped on white fabric I had lying in my closet. It looks great IRL. Hard to see, but I also sewed it to make sure that fabric wasn't going anywhere. Stamps: Serene Sunflower, En Francais; Paper: More Mustard, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Patterned Paper by PSX; Ink: Close to Cocoa, Old Olive, Crushed Curry, More Mustard, So Saffron, Chocolate Chip marker; Accessories: Ribbon, Sponge, Spritzer Tool, Fabric, Sewing Machine and Thread.

And finally, I finished up the 'paper doll' bears we got a chance to try out at Convention. Are these guys cute? I really want to get my hands on some of these Build-a-Bear dies and go to town with creating!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Tina aka TeeGeeDee said...

They are all beautiful and I am sure the other recipients will be as happy to get their cards as I was to get mine. Thanks for thinking of me!

Sunflower crazy aka Tina aka TeeGeeDee